The overwhelming majority of people that use StarOfService are trustworthy and well- intentioned. Nevertheless, it's very important to take common sense precautions online as you would offline.
When meeting someone for the first time:
- Insist on a public meeting place like a cafe.
- Do not meet in a secluded place or invite strangers into your home.
- If you're going somewhere to meet someone, tell a friend or family member where you're going and take your cell phone along if you have one.
- Consider having a friend accompany you.
- Trust your instincts.
Possible warning signs:
- Asking to work remotely by email or over the phone when not necessary, or claims that they are overseas or far away.
- Asks you to wire funds via Western Union, Moneygram, or any other wire services.
- Asks for personal or sensitive information(bank account number, social security number, PayPal info, etc).
- Be careful with cashier checks and money orders. They could be fake, and banks will cash them and then hold you responsible when the fake is discovered weeks later.
- Be wary of certifications and guarantees. StarOfService is not involved in:
- Finalizing transactions
- Handling payments
- Guaranteeing transactions
- Providing escrow services
- "Buyer protection" or "seller certification" programs
If you do come across anything questionable please let us know. We're committed to making sure you have a positive experience using StarOfService.