So how do you make StarOfService work for you? First, make sure you stand out! Here are some of the most effective ways to improve your chances of getting hired through StarOfService:
- Complete your profile
- Get reviews from past customers
- Make a great first impression with your quote
Complete your profile with photos, video and audio
A completed profile gives customers a great way to see your past work, get an idea of what you can do for them, and help them figure out if you are the right professional for their project. Your profile will be the first place customers go to if they can’t make a decision based on quotes alone, so make sure you profile stands out.
Get started by logging in to your account. Then click Edit to the right of your profile name and image (middle of page) on your profile image, select Profile, and start editing your profile:
- To upload or edit photos, video, and audio - Select Media (left side of page) and remember to click Save to save all of your changes once you have added all your media items.
- To upload a profile image - Select Basic Info (left side of page) and click Upload Photo, upload your image and then click Save and Continue when you’re done editing.
Professionals who have at least 1 review are 100% more likely to be hired than those without reviews. If you want to increase your odds even more, professionals who have 5 or more reviews are 4 times more likely to be hired. As you can see, it’s a great idea to ask past customers to post a review on your profile. There are 2 ways you can add reviews to your profile:
You can request reviews from past customers that hired you outside of StarOfService. To get your personal shareable link:
- Log in to your account.
- Click Edit to the right of your profile name and image (middle of page).
- Select Reviews (left side of the page).
- Copy your shareable link and
- Send to all your current and previous customers and ask them to leave you a review, or add the email address of all your current or previous customers (separated by a comma) and let us send them an email on your behalf.
- Share your link on Twitter, or post it on Facebook.
After you are hired by a customer, you can select the Mark as Hired button on the quote. We will send the customer an email asking them to post a review once you have completed the job automatically.
Make a good first impression with your quote
We usually see that a customer will only reach out to professionals who have sent an attractive quote.
Imagine your quote as the start of a conversation. It’s the first impression of your business that customers get, so make it a good one!
- Draw the customer in and pique their interest.
- Greet them by name.
- Explain what the price you quoted includes.
- Outline how you can help with their specific project.
Once you get started, give it a fair shot before giving up—sending multiple quotes significantly increases your chances of being hired. Don’t give up even if you've sent several quotes and haven’t won any work yet. Chances are it’ll take around 10 quotes to land that big job, but we hope it will be worth it.
We also suggest you send follow-up messages asking the customer if he or she is still interested. Sometimes that perseverance is the difference between a good experience and a great experience for the customer.