Why is it so important to add your price list
Your price list allows you to make the first contact. By giving your clients an up-front price you give them context. And when they contact you, all you have to do is convince them that you are THE perfect professional for their request.
It is up to you to decide how much you want to charge the client. Not all professionals charge the same way, but adding a price is important because:
- Displaying starting prices allows you to be in contact with clients you are interested in.
- Clients contact professionals who post their prices 5 times more often.
What does your price represent
Your price represents the standard rate that you charge. It is usually an hourly rate or a flat rate depending on your service. Some services may call for additional charges. For example, a DJ may offer an hourly rate as a basic price but may charge additional fees for the smoke machine rent, for example. You can define all this when writing your quote.
What do the clients see
When clients post a request, a list of professionals is provided. These professionals are the ones who have activated targeting. At this point, your displayed price is an estimate of the price you set for this service. The client can then contact you to learn more about you while knowing your basic price beforehand.
If you need more details about the client's project to propose a price:
- Add a starting price so that clients know the minimum they can expect to spend.
- Use your profile to tell clients why you need to know more about their requests to give them a personalized quote.
Add your price list
Ready to add your price list? Follow these steps:
1. Click on Services.
2. Click on the service you want to update
3. Click on Price.
4. Update your Price List, and click on Save.